MAXON UPGRADES TO CINEMA 4D Release 11.5, MoGraph 2 and CINEMA 4D Broadcast Edition
MAXON has listened to the artists and has introduced a number of principal new features in their latest release of CINEMA 4D R11.5. With unparalleled ease of use and a fluid workflow, I feel that artists are going to love this exciting step forward. Hobbyists will find new functions and additions primary to their creative efforts while artists will find them invaluable in the studios where CINEMA 4D is fast becoming an indispensable tool.
It features a reworked render engine, a new Picture Viewer, an improved connection to other compositing software, and an impressive upgrade to the MoGraph module, which now includes an integrated Dynamics Engine and lots of new additions. CINEMA 4D Release 11.5 also includes full support for the newest operating systems from Apple and Microsoft, including Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Windows 7.
Below you will find a listing of the new functions and tools with a short description.
The Picture Viewer:
You will find a complete rework of the picture viewer. It now has an added group of creative tools for working with images and animations. The new features now include
- A render history with the ability to compare with other renders
- Tabs for History, Layer and Filters with the ability to make adjustments
- Improved layer management system
- The RAM player allows users to play back animations with sound while the render is progressing. This allows users to check animations for problems as it is rendering.
Superior Rendering Performance Including New Bucket Rendering overview:
- Significant re-working of the render engine in R11.5 helps artists render more quickly and efficiently. R11.5 takes advantage of the new multi-core processors and adds new features such as render instancing and bucket rendering to provide users improvements in efficiency. Render tasks such as sub-polygon displacement have been accelerated immensely. CINEMA 4D users can now create scenes of greater complexity with much quicker rendering. You can now compare a test render with previous renders from the history by using the AB Compare Tool. New features also include image filtering and adjustments, post filter effects and improved layer management. The RAM player enables users to play back animations with sound while the image is still being rendered. This gives users the ability to check animations for problems while they are rendering. The new Picture Viewer in R11.5 offers many creative tools for reviewing and editing images and animations, saving artists valuable time.
- The motion graphics module MoGraph, a favorite with CINEMA 4D motion graphics artists has now been upgraded to version 2 and provides new functionality. MoDynamics is the new hard-body dynamics engine in MoGraph 2 . You will find it very easy to set up. As you can see below, I have created a simple explosion effect by creating text, extruding it, and creating splits with the knife tool. Each time I cut, I added Split and Disconnect to the piece I cut, while keeping the groups. I then added an explosion fx, and set up the scene with a background and textures. Finally, I applied MoGraph to elements and applied a MoGraph rigid body tag.
- New features in MoGraph 2 include: MoDynamics where hundreds of objects can easily be made to collide or be affected by forces such as gravity or friction, quick and easy explosion effects, and MoSpline for cloning existing splines and animating them with forces and effectors. and many more features for artists. Also included is PolyFX which applies effectors to the separate polygons of an object, enabling explosion effects, while MoSpline lets you clone existing or newly created splines and apply MoGraph's newly enhanced effectors and forces to animate them.
Support for other software:
Numerous improvements have been made to CINEMA 4D's highly praised connectivity with Adobe® After Effects®, including support for additional object types.
- Support for Apple® Motion now includes the export of 3D data.
- Support for Autodesk® FBX® 2010.0 allows for quick and easy interchange between a variety of 3D applications.
- Top-Notch Rendering Performance which includes new Bucket Rendering. A serious rework of the render engine in R11.5 will enable users to render more rapidly and efficiently. R11.5 takes advantage of multi-core processors. New features such as render instancing and bucket rendering will provide users tremendous improvements in efficiency. Render-intensive tasks such as sub-polygon displacement have been accelerated substantially. CINEMA 4D users can now create complex scenes since even billions of polygons can be rendered on modest hardware.
- Artists have the ability to rework post effects and even create custom post effects settings to the entire render or to only a specific frame.
- There is now multi-threading support for soft shadows, sub-poly displacement, and bucket rendering.
- Also you will find connectivity with Apple Quicktime in the Windows 64 bit environment.
- Multi-threading provides powerful image quality.
Support For New Operating Systems:
- MAXON continues to stay abreast of new operating systems, providing compatibility with the latest advanced operating system release features?:
- Apple - R11.5 is fully compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, including access to up to 64GB of virtual memory.
- Microsoft - R11.5 is fully compatible with Windows 7, including enhanced file dialog.
MAXON has also released a new bundle called the CINEMA 4D Broadcast Edition, which includes the CINEMA 4D R11.5 core application, the updated MoGraph 2 module and the Broadcast Extension Kit, which contains hundreds of preset objects and scenes, some which are pre-animated and/or modifiable, with camera and lighting setups, royalty-free sound and background clips. It's an outstanding addition if you desire to include it, or purchase it free standing.
Pros: I found the new additions to the software to greatly enhance the artist's workflow and quality. Ease of use is a major addition which allows even hobbyist artists to accomplish setting up complex scenes. This will be a terrific addition to the productivity and time saving in any pipeline, as well as helping the hobbyist produce quality work with less effort and learning curve.
Cons: None that I could find in using it on my system. I feel that it includes a superior set of tools that will aid any artist in their work.
OS Name: Microsoft© Windows Vista Home Premium
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory: (RAM) 7.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Adapter: RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)
Review by Kathie Berry
Websites: http://www.berry-designs.com & http://www.planit3d.com
Copyright 2010, PlanIt 3D